Where is the Monmouth County Sheriff’s Office located?
The Monmouth County Sheriff’s Office is located in the Sheriff’s Office Public Safety Center located at 2500 Kozloski Road in Freehold, NJ.  You can search for directions or a map here.

What are the hours of the Sheriff’s Office?
The Sheriff’s Office is a 24/7 operation, but regular business hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday except for government holidays.

What is the difference between the Sheriff’s Office and a police department?

The local police have primary jurisdiction and are first responders. The Sheriff’s Office is responsible for courthouse security, serving criminal warrants and non-support warrants, civil process, corrections and 9-1-1 communications. In addition, the Sheriff’s Office supports and augments local police with specialized services such as K-9 narcotic & explosive, Search & Rescue, suspect search, bomb disposal, Emergency Response Team, and 9-1-1 dispatch, to name a few.

How was the Sheriff’s position established?
NJ State Constitution.

How long is the Sheriff’s term of office?
The Sheriff is elected to office for a term of three years.

What are the qualifications to be Sheriff?
Individual must be a U.S. citizen and a 3-year resident of the county for which he/she seeks election. A petition which contains the signatures of 100 registered voters from the party to be represented must be filed with the County Clerk.

Where do I mail my papers for civil process service?
All general correspondence and requests for service should be sent to the following mailing address:

Monmouth County Sheriff’s Office
Civil Process Division
2500 Kozloski Road
Freehold, NJ 07728

What happens if you cannot serve my papers?
A Sheriff’s Officer will make three attempts to execute the document(s), unless otherwise instructed, at which time the item will be returned to the requestor with an affidavit of service explaining the service outcome. The fee for service is not refundable.

Can I get a status on my service?
To inquire about the status of service, you may call (732) 431-6400 X1124 for a Summons & Complaint, 732-431-6400 X1106 on General Writs and Wage Garnishments.

What are the fees for Service?
Fees for service can be found here.

What number can I call for administration at the Correctional Facility?

What number can I call for Internal Affairs at the Correctional Facility?
732-431-7860 Extension 1241

What are the Bail Posting Procedures?
Follow the procedures on this document:  Bail Posting Procedures

How can I find out if a particular person is in jail and what information can I obtain about someone in custody?
You may obtain whether or not someone is in custody, charges, bail, court date, and arresting agency via the MCCI Inmate Search

How do I request information under the Open Public Records Act (OPRA)?  Information on requesting information via Open Public Records Act can be found on the OPRA Request page