Long Branch: Monmouth County Sheriff Shaun Golden, Clerk Christine Hanlon and Surrogate Rosemarie Peters continue to team up and deliver county services and programs directly into communities through the Mobile County Connection.
“This Mobile County Connection enhances our continuing efforts to make government services and public safety initiatives more accessible to the residents of Monmouth County,” said Sheriff Shaun Golden. “It has been a tremendous success travelling to municipalities, senior centers and libraries throughout the county to serve the public’s needs in a timely and convenient fashion.”
The Mobile County Connection office is housed in a large mobile command center and was rolled out at the Long Branch Public Library on May 23. During the event, residents were able to apply for and renew their passports as well as have passport photos taken. Residents also had access to free notary services and voter/election information.
The Monmouth County Sheriff’s Office offered Youth and Ident-Adult Identification Cards and information on the proper installation of child safety seats, along with other agency services. In addition, there was information on the Monmouth County Surrogate’s Office regarding estate, guardianship and adoption services and other programs offered throughout the county.
“We are proud to have formed such an important outreach program,” said Christine Hanlon, Monmouth County Clerk. “It is the first of its kind in Monmouth County and features mobile government services to connect people with government in their communities.”
“We look forward to bringing the Mobile County Connection to communities and meeting the residents who will utilize its services,” said Rosemarie Peters, Monmouth County Surrogate. “Having access to county government services on wheels allows us to better serve the public.”
The next stop planned for the Mobile County Connection will take place on June 18 at Seabrook Village in Tinton Falls from 10am to 1pm.
Passport Services Requirements Include:
SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER
PROOF OF CITIZENSHIP (1 of the following)
- Certified U.S. Birth Certificate with both parents’ names and raised seal
- Naturalization on papers
- S. Passport (child age 15 and under must have birth certificate even if they have an expired passport).
- Driver’s License if from NJ (18 and over); or
- Out of State Driver’s License (with second form of ID); or
- Military ID; or (con’t)
- State issued non‐driver ID (with second form of ID).
- Second form of ID can be: social security card, health insurance card, social security card, employment ID, school ID.
- Children age 15 and under must have both parents present when applying and birth certificate. Both parents need valid ID.
- Children age 16 & 17 must have one parent with valid ID present when applying.
- Passport: Check or Money Order only
- Routine Processing (6 weeks) $110 (ages 16 and over); $80 (ages 15 and under)
- Expedited (4 weeks) $60 additional (3 weeks) $74.85
- Processing fees: Cash or Money Order only $25 per application; $10 for photo
For a downloadable version of this press release, click here: News-Release-Mobile-County-Connection-Visits-Long-Branch