Middletown: Monmouth County Clerk Christine Hanlon, Surrogate Rosemarie Peters and Sheriff Shaun Golden are teaming up to deliver county services and programs directly into communities through the new Mobile County Connection.
“We are proud to have formed such an important outreach program,” said Christine Hanlon, Monmouth County Clerk. “It is the first of its kind in Monmouth County and features mobile government services to connect people with government in their communities.”
The Mobile County Connection office is housed in a large mobile command center and was rolled out at the Middletown Township Library on August 18. During the event, residents were able to apply for and renew their passports as well as have passport photos taken. Residents also had access to free notary services and voter/election information. The Monmouth County Sheriff’s Office offered Youth and Ident-Adult Identification Cards and information on the proper installation of child safety seats, along with other agency services. In addition, there was information on the Monmouth County Surrogate’s Office regarding estate, guardianship and adoption services and other programs offered throughout the county.
“This new Mobile County Connection enhances our continuing efforts to make government services and public safety initiatives more accessible to the residents of Monmouth County,” said Sheriff Shaun Golden. “We anticipate the Mobile County Connection to be a tremendous success as it travels to municipalities, senior centers and libraries throughout the county to serve the public’s needs in a timely and convenient fashion.”
“We look forward to bringing the Mobile County Connection to communities and meeting the residents who will utilize its services,” said Rosemarie Peters, Monmouth County Surrogate. “Having access to county government services on wheels allows us to better serve the public.”
“This program was well attended by our residents and provided them with an opportunity to utilize government services without travelling too far,” said Mayor Stephanie Murray. “I thank Clerk Hanlon, Surrogate Peters and Sheriff Golden for bringing the Mobile County Connection to Middletown.”
The next stops planned for the Mobile County Connection will take place on September 10 at the Wall Township Library from 10am to 1pm, September 16 at Covered Bridge in Manalapan from 10am to 1pm, October 6 at the Holmdel Community Center from 10am to 1pm and October 21 at Hazlet Town Hall 10am to 1pm.
Passport Services Requirements Include:
SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER
PROOF OF CITIZENSHIP (1 of the following)
- Certified U.S. Birth Certificate with both parents’ names and raised seal
- Naturalization on papers
- S. Passport (child age 15 and under must have birth certificate even if they have an expired passport).
- Driver’s License if from NJ (18 and over); or
- Out of State Driver’s License (with second form of ID); OR
- Military ID; OR
- State issued non‐driver ID (with second form of ID).
- Second form of ID can be: social security card, health insurance card, social security card, employment ID, school ID.
- Children age 15 and under must have both parents present when applying and birth certificate. Both parents need valid ID.
- Children age 16 & 17 must have one parent with valid ID present when applying.
- Passport: Check or Money Order only
- Routine Processing (6 weeks) $110 (ages 16 and over); $80 (ages 15 and under)
- Expedited (4 weeks) $60 additional (3 weeks) $74.85
- Processing fees: Cash or Money Order only $25 per application; $10 for photo