9-1-1 Telecommunicator Employment
Evening Classes for Dispatch to be conducted at the Monmouth County Sheriffs Office, starting February 20 through March 15, 2023 – Class is full. Additional course dates TBA.
The Monmouth County Sheriff’s Office is always looking for additional 9-1-1 Telecommunicators for our growing Dispatch Center located in Freehold, NJ.
Individuals interested in applying for a 9-1-1 Telecommunicator must have the New Jersey Emergency Medical Dispatch (EMD) and Basic Telecommunicator Class (BTC) certifications prior to beginning the application process. Those who do not have the certifications or are still attending classes will not be considered or called back until the certification(s) are in hand. The following certifications are not accepted: APCO Emergency Medical Dispatch, Power Phone Emergency Medical Dispatch and IAED Medical Dispatch.
To apply for a 9-1-1 Telecommunicator, download and fill out the employment application below. Make sure to enter “9-1-1 Telecommunicator” as the position you are applying for and include copies of your Emergency Medical Dispatch (EMD) and Basic TeleCommunicator (BTC) certifications. The County of Monmouth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Don’t have EMD and BTC certifications? Classes are held all the time throughout New Jersey, find out where classes are held here
If you do not posses the necessary certifications, the State of New Jersey offers training for Emergency Medical Dispatch (EMD) and Basic TeleCommunicator (BTC) Classes. Click on the Upcoming Training classes box below to see upcoming classes
- 2023 start $50,121.00 at 1 year Anniversary date salary $54,486.00
- 2024 start $50,622.00 at 1 year Anniversary date salary $55,030.00
- 2025 start $51,128.00 at 1 year Anniversary date salary $55,580.00
- Paid vacation:
- 0 to 5 years employment = 96 hours
- 6 to 12 years employment =120 hours
- 13 to 20 years employment = 160 hours
- 21+ years employment = 200 hours
- Sick days:
- 8 hours per month for 1st year employment
- 120 hours per year for each subsequent year of employment.
- Any unused sick time is accumulated and will be carried over from year to year.
- Accumulated sick time may be cashed in up to a maximum of $15,000 at retirement.
- Medical and prescription coverage with optional dental and optical coverage.
- Retirement plan based on Public Employees Retirement System (PERS).
NOTE: ALL BENEFITS PRO-RATED BASED ON DATE OF HIRE
If you have any questions during this selection process, please contact
9-1-1 Coordinator Dawn N. Sommeling, email@example.com.