Dress Code for Inmate Visitors
All visitors must follow the Dress Code as described below. Those not abiding by the dress code will be denied entry.
- No overcoats, topcoats, jackets, heavy gauge or full length jackets will be permitted in the visiting room. Lockers will be available to store belongings.
- Culottes, skirts, shorts or similar items must be at least to the fingertips of the wearer or mid-thigh length. Inseam or slit must be less than three inches above the knee. No low-rise shorts, skirts or pants that expose the midriff area or any portion of the buttocks. Bottoms must at least cover waist to mid-thigh.
- Slacks, slack suits, dresses and suits are allowed.
- No headgear or hats unless religious in nature and approved for visits.
- Visitors who indicate that their headwear is religious in nature may be permitted to visit, provided they submit to a search by a pat frisk or metal detector. In some cases it might be necessary to remove the headwear in order for the item to be searched properly. Visitors will be afforded reasonable privacy during the search. A visitor’s refusal to submit to this search procedure would result in the cancellation or denial of a visit.
- See-through blouses, or items which do not cover the front and back of the body are prohibited. No transparent or fishnet clothing. No clothing which exposes undergarments or a portion of the body considered private. Tops must cover shoulders and midriff areas. No tube tops, tank tops, halter tops, low-cut shirts, or shirts which expose the shoulders, midriff area, torso or back.
- Bike pants, leotards, or tights with no skirt, pants or shirt over them, skin tight knit fabric or any article of clothing that is skin tight will not be permitted.
- Blazers, button-up sweaters and suit jackets are the only permissible outerwear admitted to the visit area
- Headwear, wigs, ornaments or large hairstyles must submit to a search by a pat frisk, metal detector, and/or electronic system. In some cases, it may be necessary to remove headwear, wigs, or ornaments or dismantle large hairstyles in order for a proper search to be accomplished. Visitors will be afforded reasonable privacy during the search. A visitor’s refusal to search procedures will result in cancellation or denial of a visit.
- No slit skirts/dresses, wrap-around skirts/dresses, or skirts/dresses that button or zipper the entire length of the garment are permitted to be worn on visits.
- No military style clothing worn by persons not in active or reserve military status.
- No clothing closely resembling that issued to inmates, Custody Staff or Law Enforcement.
- No thong sandals, flip flops, or beach footwear.
- No clothing depicting a message, either in wording or art, which could impact upon the safety, security, or orderly operation of the correctional facility, including, but not limited to, that which is offensive, racist, sexually oriented, or advocates illegal or narcotic activities.
- Any bra containing underwire will not be permitted.
- Any clothing that is of a sexually suggestive nature will not be permitted in the Visit Hall.
The following items will not be permitted
- Glass baby bottles
- Car seats of any type
- Strollers or carriages
- Baby food jars
- Diaper bags
- Coolers, ice chests, or insulated bags
- Excessive jewelry
- Car keys (only one (1) car key or key fob permitted)